ORNAO Scholarship / Bursary
[ About The Award | Previous Recipients | How To Apply | Application Form | Scoring Criteria ]
How To Apply
Applicants must be
- Registered Nurses currently working in perioperative nursing (General staff, education, administration and research).
- Membership in the Operating Room Nurses Association of Ontario (ORNAO) through active membership in a regional Association, for a minimum of two consecutive years preceding application.
- Application form completed in full (Click here for the printable application form).
- Autobiographical letter, stating future benefit to perioperative nursing, reason for application and a brief summary of nursing experience (2 pages).
- Letters of reference from two nursing professionals, who have personal knowledge of the applicant's nursing and academic abilities, indicating the applicant's potential to succeed (Click here for a sample).
- Written verification of ORNAO membership and activity, signed by the Regional President (Click here for a sample).
- Letter of acceptance from Educational Institution.
- Program content, brochure, etc.
- Program components completed to date - proof of successful completion.
- Successful candidates will submit proof of successful completion of total program.
NOTES: Nurses may apply more than once. Applicants are not eligible for award if a previous winner for the same degree or program. CPN(C) is not a program and therefore not eligible. ORNAO members that apply for the Scholarship/Bursary and are a member of the Scholarship/Bursary Committee shall resign from the committee in advance of applying.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED or EMAILED PRIOR TO FEBRUARY 15th OF EACH YEAR
- Applications submitted after this date will not be considered
- All applicants will be notified in writing of the decision of the committee by April
- Successful candidates will be recognized at the biennial Operating Room Nurses Association Provincial Conference
- Decision by review board is final
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO:
© 2004, ORNAO,
Site Designed by Horizons Web Design